Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Texas Renaissance Festival

We went on the Highland themed weekend on the 11th (I know this post is late...but better late than NEVER!!!) and we had a great time.

When we first arrived I couldn't believe my eyes!  It was Lorenzo Lamas!


Well maybe not - but he kinda looked like him.  Nice chest though huh?

We walked a bit more and saw a centaur.  Who knew the people who go to these events have such awesome costumes?!  I'm not joking either.  This guy had the BEST costume it was really well made.  I didn't get a good photo - which was disappointing.


He was a very, very large man.  He's to the right of the woman with the wings and in front of the guy looking at me taking the photo.


This photo kinda got his face and you can see he's much taller than everyone else.


 Here's a photo of a wizard - his staff was pretty cool


There were even people not dressed up in the period - these two above were dressed up as Stargate people (not sure of the proper name for them...).


This guy was a little creepy - he had claws on his fingers and was caressing his girlfriend / wife's neck with them.


This guy was a little cutie - I felt a bit stalkerish when I took the photo - but hey - he had a nice body and he was showing it off...


Barbarian Horde!


I couldn't figure out if this guy was passed out or just taking a nap.  As I walked past him I saw this in the distance....


I thought Yum!  They must be like the elephant ears you get at the fair.  WRONG!



This is where you actually get elf ears applied to your own ears.  Disappointed doesn't even cover how I felt.  Betrayed maybe?


We walked a bit further and saw these guys above...Pagans.  They went to a lot of trouble with their costumes - just like the centaur did.

This guy - he was a bit scary.  He had like NO body fat.  Let me just say I don't find that very attractive - although he did have a nice body.


Barbarian weekend was the next one - so I think some of these guys were practicing for "their" weekend.


And then as we left the park we saw this...


Plage Victim - begging for money. We gave her a quarter.

That's a lot for the Renaissance time period right?

No comments:

Post a Comment