Friday, May 10, 2013

Nasty Rainy Day


It's 11:30 in the morning here - and it looks like it's 9:00 at night outside.

It's a nasty rainy day and I'm stuck here at work. That SUCKS! I'd much rather be at home in my sun room listening to the rain, watching some Tee Vee, and doing some needle point.

But I'm at work, I have yoga (yes I'm going again today) at 5.15 then I have Pet Patrol at 6.30.

http://www.thepetpatrol.org/

Pet Patrol is one of the greatest things EVER! I found them a few years ago when I was at the Pride Parade here in Houston.

They provide food and vet care for the animals of the elderly or chronically ill. When I found out what they did it astonished me.

Why do you ask?

Because - I never thought about what I would do if I became unable to care for my furbabies due to illness. If I had to let them go I truly believe it would literally kill me. Or kill my will to live - which is the same thing.

So I volunteer, I pack the food one Friday a month then deliver the month's food on one Saturday a month. I also started to get involved with fund raising.

I love delivering and talking to my clients, meeting their furbabies, and feeling like I'm doing something worthwhile.

My husband helps me pack which is nice too because we hang out with the other volunteers and have a good time.

Oh - I just heard that there is a tornado warning - gotta go!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment