Monday, March 14, 2011

No, Crazy Doesn't Live Here Anymore!

Well, I got some results back from the Doctor on Friday.

Guess what?!

I have no vitamin D in my system.

The nurse told me that and I was like - How is THAT possible...

Well apparently you get down to a certain level and they consider it so low that it might as well be none.

And having no vitamin D can cause a myriad of problems.

Heart problems
Diabetes
Muscle fatigue (which is what I was feeling in my arms and legs)
Depression
Anxiety

Basically it covers everything I've been freaking out about.

Who knew that being such a freak about wearing sun block could back fire?!

I mean I just spent three years in the desert, and I have like NO VITAMIN D in my system.  You'd think I'd have at least 50% of what I need.

I guess I'm just too effective with regards to keeping the UV and UVB rays away from me.

Anyway the one thing the Vit D doesn't cover is me having a fit about my husband's medical issues.

But it has impeded my ability to handle it well, you know the extra anxiety basically translates into - OMG don't put that garlic bread in you mouth it's going to kill you!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAD A GRANOLA BAR WITH CHOCOLATE IN IT?!  ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME A WIDOW?!  I'M TOO YOUNG TO BE A WIDOW!  I LOVE YOU TOO MUCH TO BE A WIDOW!!! WHAT THE HELL AM I GOING TO DO IF YOU'RE GONE????  I WON'T BE ABLE TO FUNCTION!  PUT DOWN THE FUCKING GRANOLA BAR!

Hmmm a little overboard do ya think?

Good thing he loves me so much, he looks at me and goes "Really Judith?, A granola bar is going to kill me?  You need to calm down, I'm not going anywhere".

I guess he's right - it's not like the doctor has put him on lock down in the hospital or something. 

So I'm going in tomorrow to get the down low on what to do next for the Vit D - hopefully just pop some pills.  Maybe she'll give me some to bring me down off the ledge...but then I don't think I'd be as fun...and what would my husband do then?  He's been with crazy town for 10 years - I think he likes me as is.

Anyway I like to do things as natural as I can, when I can.  After all I had a stroke 10 years ago and my stroke was attributed to Vioxx per my neurologist.  So to say that I have a bit of an aversion to taking any drugs is an understatement.
 
So I took a break this weekend from my neurotic application of sunscreen and I went outside without slathering copious amounts of sunscreen on my arms.

Yeah, that's right I only skipped my arms.  My face, neck, shoulders, etc... are just too sensitive to risk with the sunlight.

Lord you'd think I was a vampire!  Look out Bella...Edward is mine! 

Of course I wouldn't have a chance; I'm not an underage girl with the shape of a boy.  I don't think I've ever had the shape of a boy...

he he he!

No comments:

Post a Comment