Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blue Bonnets!

Guess where we went last weekend....

To the Blue Bonnet Festival in Chapel Hill!


Here is my husband walking down the street at the festival...


I thought the bank was cute - it was an old timey town.


There was a stand selling fried pickles, which made me think of Snookie.

And, no I didn't try one, I don't need to "change my life".


There was also a petting zoo, I haven't been to one of those in a long time.  They had a bunch of baby animals with, wait for it....


Baby PIGS!!!!  Can you believe it?!  They were so cute!  And since I'm only 6 months out of the Middle East I'm still obsessed with pigs.  So of course I had to buy a ticket and pet the little fatties!


This goat followed me around the whole time I was in the pen.  He really wanted food from me but I didn't feed any of them.  The kids were having too much fun feeding them and I didn't want to take away from that!


Funny enough there weren't actually blue bonnets at the festival - we had to drive a bit to see these.


They were very pretty.

OOPS!


My husband again...on his blackberry - his addiction.


This field of blue bonnets was pretty sad and dried out, but it looked better from ground level.


When we were driving home we saw some miniature horses - they were smaller than Gracie.

Too bad she wasn't with us for scale!

1 comment:

  1. *gasp* BABY PIGS! They're so cute!

    I've always wanted to go to the Blue Bonnet Festival, but you have to be outside a lot and it's 1,000 degrees out!

    I may exaggerate, but just a bit.

    The pics are gorgeous! Thanks for taking me go with you vicariously!

    ReplyDelete