Monday, May 23, 2011

Well I'm still here...

The world was suppose to end on Saturday.

At 6:00 local time.

Wherever you were.

The Rapture you know.

So...I had some cookies.

Some Martinis.

And didn't clean my house, because, well...why clean it if the "Rapture" is coming.

I figured I was either going to ascend to Heaven or die when the Earth blew up.

And really in either of those scenarios I was pretty sure I wasn't going to care what my house looked like.

Well guess what?!

It didn't happen.

So I'm here - with a tummy ache (I'm assuming from all of the cookies and alcohol I ingested) getting ready to clean my messy house.

Next weekend my father-in-law is coming to town and we get to spend our Memorial Day, not eating BBQ at my best friend's house, but going to the Indian Temple for a religious ceremony.

It's to celebrate his 70th birthday (which happened last year), so we can't say no.

Because

1.  He's having it here in Houston specifically so my husband and I can (will) go.
2.  It's his 71st birthday.
3.  He's flying all the way from Dubai to have the function.

My brother-in-law is coming too (he's not my favorite person, lazy is an understatement), his wife (really not a fan of hers), and their demon spawn (they never say the word no to the kids so you can just imagine - they are horrible and we can't stand them).

So the house needs to be spotless and doggie mess free, looking good so I can give them the virtual finger.

Here goes nothing....

btw if you are worried about your pets after the Rapture but before the world blows up.  Don't worry! Apparently you can pay a one time ten dollar fee to have a non-christian volunteer (who shall remain nameless due to privacy issues) take care of your animal.

Just Google "After the rapture pet care" you actually have choices.

Now the person who thought of that was a smart person...

No comments:

Post a Comment