Sunday, January 16, 2011

Doggie School SUCKS!

We are going through our second session of Doggie School.

I picked a different one closer to our house this time.

And the woman keeps persecuting me.

"Your giving her too many treats."

"Use the SWEEPING hand signal to release."

"Put her in front of you, not beside you."

Well isn't that good advice - have the dog in front of you at all times facing you.

That should make for interesting walks don't you think?

So of course I said "Having her in front of me all the time doesn't make sense and is not useful in the real world.  She needs to be beside me." Dumbass (that was said silently in my head).

And what does she say to me?!  We'll learn that later, much later.

O.K....

That makes sense.

NOT!

So I teach my dog to always get in my way now, then teach her to stand beside me later?  That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Maybe that works if you only show your dog in a ring?

Gracie already has the basics down - what I need is knowledge on how to motivate her to walk more than 100 yards at a time.  And I told the bitch that when I signed up.

I don't need her to direct me on what side I should walk my dog - I'll walk her on whatever fuckin side I want.  It's not a crime to walk her on the right instead of the left.

And I don't need a reason to do so aside from the fact that I prefer it and I'm not changing it after 5 months of teaching her to stay on my right.

I'm not going to use a sweeping hand signal to release my dog from a command, I'm not going to keep her in front of me all the time, and I'm not going to stop giving her teeny, tiny treats as much as I want.  The treats are literally smaller than my pinky fingernail.

Gracie weighs over 60lbs.  I don't think she can even really taste the treats they're so small.  They sure as hell aren't going to make her fat or fill her up.

I'm so irritated.

That woman can kiss my ass or give me back my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment