Saturday, January 1, 2011

Glass Wall Restaurant Houston

My husband and I went out to eat a few days ago to a new restaurant.

Well, new to us...

It's in the Heights, very close to where we live, the Glass Wall.

http://www.glasswalltherestaurant.com/GW_Site/home.html

The food was excellent but the manager was an ASS.

If you know me you know I LOVE single malt whiskey.

Well this place had a decent selection so when the manager seated us and handed us the wine list I asked if he has a list of his single malts.

And this is what he said..."No, 38% of my business is wine, the other is only 1%"

Well fuck you very much.

He couldn't just say; "I'm sorry but no?!"

What an asshole!

I wanted to leave.  Maybe he thought my husband and I were a middle class couple splurging and decided to get on his high pompous ass horse.

That sounds kinda weird - high pompous ass horse.

But he was - a pompous ass.

We are middle class, but right now our view of food prices are serious fucked up.

I mean we just spent the last 6 years in London and Dubai.  Two of the most expensive cities in the world.

Let's put it into perspective - it cost us $100 US for two people to eat at Friday's in Dubai.  And more than that in London.

Without alcohol.

Anyway the food was good, the waitstaff were great, and the manager, well he was a huge ass.  So I don't think we'll be back.  I prefer the Stella Sola right across the street.  Great food, great service and the manager didn't give me shit about having a single malt list.

http://www.stellasolahouston.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment