Thursday, December 9, 2010

I need to slow down...

I cannot tell you how good I feel after having my surgery.

Better than I did before - I'm not uncomfortable and no longer have a constant low grade pain which would spike during "that time of the month".

So of course since I feel "better" I think I can go 90 miles an hour.

Take long brisk walks.

Move furniture (i.e. the couch when I drop something and it rolls so far under I can't reach).

Run errands all day, then unpack a bit...

Then I'm exhausted AND now I'm feeling sore again around my incisions.

As a friend reminded me today - I had major organs taken out, I'm healing from the inside out and I need to take it easy.

There is a reason the doctor makes you take six weeks off...

So I think I'm going to try to be intelligent about this and take it easy for the next two days.

Because I want to go to Lights in the Heights and I don't want to be too pooped to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment